Friday, June 24, 2011

Watermelon

I have been having a hankering for some watermelon this year!  It is very difficult to find any good ones around here. There are the little produce patches along the roads, but they all have melons that are brought up from Georgia!!  I don't want that, I want some good ones!!!  The grocery stores and Wal-mart only have tha little round ones too. I want a long striped melon and it is as scarce as hens teeth seems, to find. 
Do you think it is too late to plant some from seed?  I looked at some seeds and it said 90 days till maturity. I don't really want to eat watermelon in September :((  Are there any solutions ? 
                                                                     Sad in Loogootee

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have found one or two by now! :D Hate to think of you still being sad. :(

    ReplyDelete