Friday, January 13, 2012

Whose Woods...

Whose woods these are   I think I know.
                                         His house is in the village though ;
                                         He will not see me stopping here
                                         To watch his woods fill up with snow.
            
                                         My little horse must think it queer
                                         To stop without a farmhouse near
                                         Between the woods and frozen lake
                                         The darkest evening of the year.

                                         He gives his harness bells a shake
                                         To ask if there is some misake.
                                         The only other sound's the sweep
                                         Of easy wind and downy flake.

                                         The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
                                         But I have promised to keep,
                                         And miles to go before I sleep,
                                         And miles to go before I sleep.



It just seemed fitting today with all the blustery, blowing, swirling snow, that we had today!

                                                
                                           

3 comments:

  1. Thats my most favorite poem of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved that poem too! I think it is by Robert Frost. Did you take the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good one for sure. I can still hear you girls saying that when I was little. No Sharon I didn't take that picture, I would have if we had that much snow this last time :)

    ReplyDelete