Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Salsa !

Glad to hear Sharon you could put the tomatoes to good use,
that is a lot of sauce!  It will sure taste good when the snow it flying, and you open up a jar
and you will be able to taste summertime!!   Mmmm !!!
  I was in the kitchen making salsa again tonight ( I just  never know what I will be doing
when I come to work !)  this will be the 3rd time this tomato season. I just enjoy my job!!
It is a joy to come to work!  This will be the last time, the tomatoes are not producing any
because of the heat. Maybe she would get some more if she would water them. She ( Pam
the bosses wife) probably don't want any more, I figured up how much her 40 tomato plants
produced this summer: 42 pints of salsa, 7 qt. tomato juice, and 25 half pints of pizza sauce.
This being her first year to can anything she is probably glad it's done. 
I was just happy to cook on her 6 burner stove :)))  She cooked it all in a huge aluminum stock
pot, so I don't know it I would want to eat any of it :(   Tomatoes and aluminum don't go together!
Well I will talk later, I have floors ( at work) to sweep!

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to have a job you enjoy! I don't know if I would want to eat it either, but she did get a bit of canned tomato products.

    ReplyDelete