Monday, February 20, 2012

Clyde

Here is my honey and the good neighbour working on my chicken coop this weekend. I'm so glad I have a handyman, if it was up to me I think the chickens themselves would laugh! We had to install the window there beside the neighbor  because it was very dark in there after we put up the sheeting. I don't know what it was to start with but the whole place had 1" wide gaps between the boards. We cut the shed in half because it was rather long , and we didn't want to take his brothers whole shed.
Three sides are boarded up and we left the door and the side with the window open for some fresh air. Ran out of steam and daylight yesterday (was so cold I could hardly hold a hammer) so more pictures on the way as it comes along, hopefully this week!

 That is Clyde enjoying his new home with his one hen. He had been in a dark garage for a week or two perching on an old air conditioner. Bless his little chicken heart :/   He was as happy as can be when we put him in his new home.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh such fun! Having your own chickens and discovering an egg in the nest! It is like a treasure hunt! The guys look like they are enjoying their part in this venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they where, something to do in the wake of long winter evenings with nothing to do. Yes such fun!!

    ReplyDelete