Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Red River Gorge

How is this for a bright spot?  Her and I were in the mountains of eastern Kentucky, at the Red River Gorge. It is well worth seeing if you ever have the chance!  We hiked and took pictures for 2 days with the photography club, ate a good authentic southern breakfast at the Lodge that we stayed in-right up our alley! The Lodge is built on an al-most sheer rock face, and deep woods all around, so when we ate breakfast we could sit and watch the birds and squirrels through the wide bank of windows on the one side of the dinning room. There i saw the largest congregation of flying squirrels that I ever saw in my life-which is strange because they are very shy and you don't usually get to see them.  So I was happy to see them, but they wouldn't be still long enough for me to take there picture! Now you see them, now you don't that is how fast they are.
 So put this on your list of things to go see!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I like this place! It looks very interesting and a good place to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete