Friday, February 10, 2012

More Birds!

  I might be getting a couple of chickens this weekend, I'm so excited!  The boss and his wife already have a flock of chickens and someone at work gave them a kids 4-H project gone bad. The package happened to contain 2 full grown rooster. That didn't go over well at ALL with their rooster, to say the least!  So they have been fighting it out for a week now. The other  night he let them all out, thought maybe they would run off , but all they did was run right to the road.  Dustin come home that way from work and called me to say that there were roosters in the road and himself and cars behind him were dodging poultry! I guess they made it that night because there wasn't a grease spot on the road the next morning when I drove by.  So I come to work later that day and hear of the chicken escapades for that morning. Pam (his wife) said they got a call from the high school that there were 3 chickens terrorizing kids in the yard!  The school is every bit of 1/2 a mile from the chicken house!!! So Jason (the boss) took 3 guys from work to help him wrangle chickens at the local high school-I bet that was a hoot to watch!!  He said they had quite a crowd out front watching too!
 So, I told him to keep them from being run over, or killing one another, that I would take one of them off his hands for him, he offered to give me a hen to go along with it too, so I said OK.
So, we will see how this goes. To be continued....

4 comments:

  1. Oh goody, I sense more chicken stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes you are right, I think I will but a bench in front of the chicken run to sit on, it is right under some big hichory nut trees, good place to sit and think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think too hard, sometimes that can get us into trouble. (Trying to analize something too much, after awhile it doesn't make sense anymore)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually not guilty of that. Good place to sit and watch the squirrels, and the cats try to get in the chicken house!

    ReplyDelete